In Episode 4 of the podcast I have a rollicking talk with Penland potter, Nick Joerling. Nick has been a member of the community around the Penland School of Crafts for many years and his roadside studio is a favorite to visit.
Find out more about Nick here.
- living and working in the Penland community
- perception of time and the accelerated life
- Thinking, Fast and Slow
- hot and cold
- gut flora and our desire for food
- the "eagerness to pour" and beak placement on pouring pots
- Nick's literary queues
- Nick's early days as a pugger and potter in California
- turning points in life
- Time and timing in terms of the material of clay
Questions or comments for Nick?
Thanks SO much for listening!
I promise to improve my recordings and give you a better audio in the future.